Add/Remove info from Panel Layouts?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
KalisCoraven 25th Mar 2015

Likes 5

I want to create a recent posts panel that not only has the title of the topic but also a small blurb from the post.  I was able to achieve this by utilizing jquery and an each loop that used .load() to grab the .forum_text div and drop it under the topic title in the panel.   Unfortunately, it seems that ended in myself and some of my higher volume users getting rate locked for sending too many calls to the site, forcing me to remove the feature.

Is there any other way to adjust what information is displayed within a panel?  Or to adjust the panel layouts themselves? or are you stuck with the default hardcoded output? 

Signature Picture
KalisCoraven 26th Mar 2015

Likes 5

I really am not looking for custom coding support. I am looking for an answer to whether or not there is a way to do what I am looking for already built into the site... I am relatively new to the site and have found documentation for anything other than very basic changes to be lacking. Rather than attempting to find a way to work around the system I was hoping there was something I overlooked.

I will judge from you answer that there is not.

Signature Picture
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter