Automations
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Winters@winters83 20th Mar 2014

Likes 59

Hi everyone. I have tried to set up some new automations but some don't seem to be working when it comes to setting secondary ranks. So here's what i've done,

Conditions

Match any Condition, "Primary Rank" "is"
Admiral

Actions
"Add to secondary Ranks"
Admiral

"Remove from secondary ranks"
Vice Admiral
Captain
Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant

It seems pretty straight forward but when I executed this manually and checked to see if it worked, it didn't add the secondary rank of Admiral to any of my members who hold that rank. Am I perhaps doing something wrong or could this be a little bug?

Signature Picture
Pigfarm70 20th Mar 2014

Likes 20

I believe a Primary Rank is required...

Alternatively, you could create a new Primary rank "No Assigned Rank" and then simply run a change primary automation and assign secondary automation.

I ran the auto's to re-set ranks in our 500+ member hockey league and it worked like a champ.  We use Primary Ranks to designate each Team in the NHL and then use it as a control factor in the forums so that each team can have a "locker room" by having a rank permissible forum that only allows in people from their team.

Good luck !!
Winters@winters83 21st Mar 2014

Likes 59

Yeah i do already have a primary rank set, this is why i don't under stand why it ain't working. I'm trying to get it to set a secondary rank based of the primary rank.

Signature Picture
JamesAdmin 21st Mar 2014

Likes 293

You can't add that as a secondary rank because it's already the primary rank, so it is skipped.

Try editing your profile and you'll see the exact same thing.
Last Edit: 21st Mar 2014 by James
Winters@winters83 21st Mar 2014

Likes 59

Thanks for the update James. Is there any chance that this could be added to an update later? The reason why i want to add the same primary rank as a secondary too is to set up an automated system for inactive members, but if they come active again i need the secondary rank as a reference so that they can be reinstated to their original rank.

Signature Picture
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter