Captchas on Iclan And IGuild websites
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
mrminecraft 7th Nov 2013

Likes 2

So the problem is when users try to register they have to enter a captcha but it seemed that the captcha gives sometimes a error like: You didnt enter the correct words.

Ive noticed that to by creating a new Member account to test so if you have this problem you will need to go onto your admin account then to admin panel and make a premade account for your members.

But thats the problem you cant stay up Day/Night to make accounts for your members when they want to enter your site :/ 

I love iclan websites from the first site i made along it ^^ but the captcha problem is a bit of issue :/

Well i hope some one of the staff will look into it asap :/ and euhm if i have to enter the url to my page its just minescape.org (secured by godaddy)
Beans 1709 8th Nov 2013

Likes 210

I agree that captchas, although they are an integral part of the security process, are still a giant pain in thee butt. if they are getting an error message then they probably are putting it in wrong (easily done). They can always "refresh" the captcha for a new one. I always click it a few times to get a good one. And remind them that there needs to be a space between the two words

JamesAdmin 8th Nov 2013

Likes 293

And I'll just add to what Beans mentioned above. It is true that a captcha is a fundamental security feature - you don't want automated bots to spam your site with literally thousands of messages per day.

A captcha is mandatory - so the captcha used on your site is an industry standard captcha called Recaptcha (operated by Google). Many sites use this captcha.

Hundreds of accounts are opened on a daily basis, the problem isn't with the captcha, the problem is with your users entering in the wrong characters.
mrminecraft 8th Nov 2013

Likes 2

ive hat that problem yesterday with signingup a new site and i had a captcha i entered both right and i kept getting that error tough :/ even the one with numbers -_-
stora. 11th Nov 2013

Likes 2

Try it with another browser.
mrminecraft 11th Nov 2013

Likes 2

Did
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter