DDOS
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Red Sail 18th Aug 2015

Likes 98

Any time anyone ever wants to visit our site the Staminus DDOS protection stops you and forces you to wait. It is NOT only 10 seconds. I've seen it force my members up to 25 seconds before entering the page. Even if it were 10 seconds, that is not acceptable. Other sites have DDOS protection that does not impair the user experience like this. Buy a better DDOS protection than this.

Another problem, is many of my members experience a 405 failure when trying to comment on posts. 

Needless to say, we're considering leaving iclanwebsites to find a better forum. Enjin doesn't have this problem, vBulletin doesn't, ip.board doesn't. I've been horribly disappointed by iclanwebsites. 

Just wanted to post a problem that has gone on for a long time and has never been fixed.

Signature Picture

This guy is site admin. Come to me with any comments/questions/bribes.

Last Edit: 18th Aug 2015 by Red Sail
JamesAdmin 18th Aug 2015

Likes 293

Thanks for the report. I just fixed this for you.

Any further queries please let us know. Thanks.
JamesAdmin 18th Aug 2015

Likes 293

Actually this has not been fixed since you aren't using our DNS. You should be seeing messages in your admin panel asking you to move over to our DNS. This will give us control over the IP address your domain name is using, and henceforth, will be able to upgrade you to our latest DDOS firewalls and be able to mitigate attacks to your site if they arise.

Because the DNS has not been moved over (please follow instructions when you see the popup), we cannot upgrade you to our latest DDOS firewalls.

Simply by following the instructions found by going to Admin Panel > Menu > DNS Manager, this will fix your problem.
Last Edit: 18th Aug 2015 by James
Red Sail 18th Aug 2015

Likes 98

We were thinking that was what was causing it. But we couldn't fix it. Our domain has multiple subdomains. Example, ts.beerwarriors.net routes to our Teamspeak server. But when we started moving stuff over to your DNS, it stopped routing our subdomains. I'll give it another shot.

Signature Picture

This guy is site admin. Come to me with any comments/questions/bribes.

JamesAdmin 18th Aug 2015

Likes 293

DNS may take some time to correctly switch over. But if you correctly add in your DNS records in your admin panel then there *shouldn't* be any downtime.

1) Setup the DNS records our side, by copying them over from your old DNS provider. Both our DNS servers and your current DNS servers will be resolving exactly the same domains to the right IPs.
2) Because both our DNS servers and your current DNS servers are in exactly the same configuration, you can update your domain to use our name servers through your registrar. Users using your domain will be slowly moved over to the new DNS servers within 48 hours.

At the same time your domain IP address is automated by our systems and will upgrade you to our latest DDOS firewall.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter