Default text color option
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
X-Ployt 13th Aug 2013

Likes 29

I have an issue regarding copying black text and pasting it into my editor.

The background is black on my site.

I have a form set up to allow my users to create an event and submit it to me, where I copy/paste the info given to me within the form, into the event section. When I do this, the editor gives the copied/pasted text the black color attribute, and while it is fine for editing, it can't be seen for viewing on the page. I fix this by changing all the text to white, but then it makes for difficult edits, as I have to highlight to even see what I wrote.

I suppose I could copy/paste in source mode, which I just tried and it does take away giving text a color attribute, but it still bugs me that I have to switch to that mode as a workaround, because the "what you see is what you get" mode is really nice.

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks for reading.

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 13th Aug 2013

Likes 293

I will move this to bug reports. Thanks for posting the issue.
JamesAdmin 15th Aug 2013

Likes 293

Could you please post an example?
X-Ployt 15th Aug 2013

Likes 29

Here you go:

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 16th Aug 2013

Likes 293

Thanks for posting this video! When pasting you need to use Ctrl+Shift+V or right click and Paste as plain text. This will paste just the content, without any formatting.

I will see if this can be disabled or not.
X-Ployt 16th Aug 2013

Likes 29

I see that now. That would have never occurred to me and I never had a reason to use that option, prior to this. I'll have to remind myself to do it that way.

I suppose if the text didn't appear plain in my eyes, I would have looked for that option.  Like various fonts, colors, and sizes used at once I'd be like "there's gotta be some way to make it all uniform."

Signature Picture

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter