Deleted Member Comes Back
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Teal'c 30th Apr 2015

Likes 120

Hi there, I am able to delete a member from the website through Admin > Member List and get the conformation asking if I want to delete as it can't be undone.

I can then see that the member is removed from the site in the member list and other areas of the site.

However once the deleted member tries to re-login using their same details (email and password) they are immediately added back to the member list and through out the rest of the site.

What am I missing here?

Thanks. 
Last Edit: 30th Apr 2015 by Teal'c
X-Ployt 1st May 2015

Likes 29

You can't stop someone from re-applying to your site. All you can do is make it so you have to 'approve' members by screening applications.

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 2nd May 2015

Likes 293

If a member is removed from your website then they can always re-join at a later date. It's best to ban their account before you remove them.
4CAD AdC 2nd May 2015

Likes 28

James - does this ex-member rejoining bypass the application approval system (if enabled)?  If yes - that's a fairly serious flaw.
Teal'c 2nd May 2015

Likes 120

Thanks for the replies everyone.

After much mucking around with it I did discover that anyone could join or rejoin regardless of whether they were a member/registered previously or not.  I was not expecting that anyone could just register to my site automatically.  I did find the "Approve Members" setting thanks X-Ployt that seemed to be the only way around it.

QuoteJames - does this ex-member rejoining bypass the application approval system (if enabled)?  If yes - that's a fairly serious flaw.
I would like to know this also 4CAD, I plan to do some more experimenting to find out for sure.

To James/support the way I would have thought it worked would be that new people registering, can register through the site but that only gets them a standard iClan registration.  They then must apply to join any other individual site in the iClan network using their iClan registration details.  Does that make sense?

That's how it is done at other clan/guild website builders.  Any consideration to making a change or adjustment to make this possible?

Thanks 
4CAD AdC 3rd May 2015

Likes 28

Did some testing with a dummy account and all is well.  Deleted members cannot rejoin at will when you have application approval enabled. LoL - should've already realized that as I've seen it before while testing other issues.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter