Domain/Name Servers/Vanity Issues
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
AlphaStatus 27th Oct 2014

Likes 0

[Premium]

Hello,

I am looking for assistance with my websites and the ticket system for assistance and attempting to reply to the tickets is confusing and not clear if not impossible.
I submitted a ticket when my website valador.iclanwebsites.com started to loop with bad domain configuration changes.

My setup. Somehow accidentally ended up with valador.iclanwebsites.com as a website of mine, (while I was still learning). This website is where I put alphastatusaa.com in the domain registry - and then it started to loop. I contacted support and they responded with instructions on how to configure my domain (with Godaddy) to make it all work. I have since then archived valador.iclanwebsites.com and attempted to use my domain "alphastatusaa.com" in the domain field in admin area. It returns with the error in the photo attached.

QuoteDate: October 26, 2014 at 1:28:13 AM EDT
Hi there,

Your website isn't configured correctly.  Please log back in and access your site on here:  http://valador.iclanwebsites.com
 and go ahead and follow the steps below. (This was not the site I wanted to use ) ( I wanted to use alphastatus.clanwebsite.com )

It is 100% possible to use any domain registrar with our websites. All you need to do is setup the domain name from the registrars side.

For Premium Customers 

We recommend you use our DNS servers, so we can manage your records for you. First, visit your Admin Panel > Menu > DNS Manager. Enter your domain name. If you know you have additional DNS records for other services such as email, then enter them here too. Press the save button.

Then, change your DNS name servers (this is done through your registrar) to:

( I have done this and this is how my registrar is set up. When you go to alphastatusaa.com it shows me the second error image attached. )

Your domain name will become active within a few hours.

For Free Users

First, you need to resolve your domain name to our IP address, which is 72.8.190.25  Both  www. and without the  www. should be setup to resolve to this IP address. You can do this by creating DNS A records for your domain name. If you need help with this, then it is best to contact your domain name registrar company, because they will be able to assist you with the DNS records.

Once that has been done, login to your website and go to your admin panel, click Domains > Configure Domain Name and complete step 2. You may need to wait a little while for the DNS settings to reach us, we will check your domain name setup to ensure everything is going to work smoothly. If you see an error, then it is likely you just need to wait a little longer (48 hours in some rare cases) or you have problems with your DNS setup.

Best regards,

Evie
Customer Care
www.iclanwebsites.com
I believe there is some underlying issue behind the scenes on your end that is causing these issues and I would appreciate any and all assistance.

Please help me if possible.
Thanks
Last Edit: 27th Oct 2014 by AlphaStatus
Evie 28th Oct 2014

Likes 73

I am responding your ticket regarding this.

Thanks.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter