Downtime
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Niyogi 14th Aug 2013

Likes 0

I previously posted before about having issues with my website having downtime. The previous time I posted I was told it was an issue with my domain name host dot.tk being down. So I changed my address from www.shadow-realm.tk to a purchased domain called www.shadow-dragon.me.

I am having considerably less downtime issues, but there are still some issues with downtime. I was beginning to think perhaps it was just myself, but now some of my members have reported some downtime issues as well. Both from computers as well as mobile. 

What I mean by downtime is there are some instances where you try to visit the site and it seems as if it is simply not there anymore and your browser will say that it is not there and ask if your URL address is correct, etc. 

I was considering purchasing a premium plan in the next months as I really like the customization options and the constant improvement to the software and so forth, but cannot justify doing so when having these downtime issues.

EDIT: I just found the topic I started awhile ago about this issue: http://www.ihostinghq.com ... pic/website-down-4v9

Signature Picture
JamesAdmin 14th Aug 2013

Likes 293

Hey, thanks for posting. I can confirm your domain name is working fine. At what times are you experiencing outages? A few days ago we did have some outages do to DDoS attacks, so this could explain this.

You can always check the service status here: http://status.ihostinghq. ... com
Niyogi 14th Aug 2013

Likes 0

Thank you for the quick response. I know for sure there was a downtime at about 18:12 CET today as my husband reported it to me via Skype asking why the website was down. It was working again minutes later. Its just short blips, it seems, but they do occur at what seems like random times.

Signature Picture
JamesAdmin 14th Aug 2013

Likes 293

Well this is very strange. The monitoring systems monitor **everything**, so even the slightest disturbance in service will cause it to fire. If it happens again please post here.
Last Edit: 14th Aug 2013 by James
Niyogi 14th Aug 2013

Likes 0

Will do. Thank you for the quick responses.

Signature Picture
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter