Event Calendar Improvements / Changes Needed
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
StevieBizzle 29th Aug 2016

Likes 831

Hello Guys,

StevieBizzle Here the Founder of xAllegiancex chiming in on a very large pain point my community is feeling as it pertains to the event calendar feature that is apart of out community. Let me give you guys some insight. xAllegiancex uses this feature as a focal point of the communities structure posting over 100+ events per week that our active member base can sign up to in order to participate in events within the game destiny. with that being said it's a HUGE pain in the butt to not have these events in the order of earliest event to latest event thats visual to the member as the events are scattered all over the place and is annoying to sit there and find what is most suitable for you. Another major impact feature that would be beneficial to us would be to improve the upcoming events icons that show up below the calendar on the home page. instead of just the name and a "in 22 hours" then an attend button how about showing if the event is full, who is attending and EXACTLY what time it is happening along with them also being in the order with the closest time associated with the profiles time zone. this would GREATLY impact the operations of our community and smoothen the clunky process that currently we have endured over the past 2 years. i will have my members and administrators reply to how these changes would positively impact and hopefully this can be a quick an easy change for an elite user of your guys services and help out the most active community within the iclans portfolio! let us know how you make out! 

Thanks,

StevieBizzle

Signature Picture
Wordell1 29th Aug 2016

Likes 211

As Stevie stated so well above, the events section could use an upgrade.  We run so many events that it is hard to be able quickly see what is going on as it stands now - Especially if I am on my phone.  All of the suggestions he made would be a huge improvement.
kylemartyn 29th Aug 2016

Likes 50

Having events in the calendar show up in chronological order would be a huge step forward for this clan site. Having to either click on, or hover over every event is a real pain. This seems like a straightforward and much needed improvement, and would be greatly appreciated.
Nateboss101 29th Aug 2016

Likes 37

Hello iClans, average member here...

I agree with everything that our valiant leader has said. The event calendar is the most used part of the website, and it's "organization" is almost non-existent. I wrote a post about this issue over a month ago, and nothing was done. We have had members before me also post about how the calendar needed to be organized, and they were shut down as well. Hopefully, an agreement can be reached here as xAllegiancex could really use an event calendar upgrade.
Last Edit: 29th Aug 2016 by Nateboss101
DevMacK13 29th Aug 2016

Likes 65

It would be excellent to have the events sorted in chronological order. I spend so much time on the events page sifting through each event, hoping that the one my mouse passes over will show a time that I am able to attend. I would like to point out that on my mobile, I am unable to see the event time without physically clicking on the event and waiting for the page to load, only to discover that I cannot attend the scheduled time. Having the events in chronological order would help eliminate a lot of painfully wasted time.

Signature Picture
GENERAL_ZOD_O10 30th Aug 2016

Likes 556

implementation of these features would be very beneficial to our community. Like StevieBizzle has indicated, our entire community depends on the calendar. We host a little over 100 events per week,400+ events per month. With our community nearing 1500, it would be greatly appreciated if these features were to get some consideration. Iclans has been our home for over 2 years now. It is the home of over 1400 members. Please take our request into consideration.

Zod, Director of Operations xAx

HadesEye 30th Aug 2016

Likes 75

The changes mentioned and recommended by Stevie and agreed on by those who have posted before would significantly impact our clan. While xAx is indeed a very large clan and does run 100+ events a week we also know we are not the only clan that makes use of the feature you have already built. We truly appreciate what we currently have but as in all things we strive to improve and make things better. The changes suggested in the above articles will make finding events easier for everyone. It will also make things easier for those of us posting the events if we can glance and see how full events are. Some times you need more than one event at the same time but having to check EVERY single event on the calendar for the week is a daunting task for us. Please take these recommendations into consideration as they are improvements we feel will improve the quality of iClans, xAx, and the community in general. Thank you ~Hades
HotTomatoBKK 30th Aug 2016

Likes 0

I have only been with xAllegiencex for about a month but with that the events are what I am hungry for and often looking to signup to a suitable training event. And as has been mentioned with multiple timezones around the globe and membership the events listed for each day can be hard to sort through as they are not ordered with timing. I have missed several events I would have loved to jump in on while scanning which is a shame as the admins do put in a lot of time and effort hosting each.

The previous reply with a 'what's new' woud also be nice since the list in a day could be so long that when a new one is added (with timing not ordered) it could appear midway in the list that you previously scanned through and again miss it.

Appreciate any consideration on this for our global community
warfieldred 30th Aug 2016

Likes 28

As others have said, I'd find the calendar more usable if there was an ability to filter events by type/location/vacancy. As a pvp-focused player, the new custom games clan feature coming in RoI may lead me to use the website less unless I can find events quickly through the calendar.

Signature Picture
ArnulfoAdmin 30th Aug 2016

Likes 119

Hello guys,

Thank you so much for the ideas.

I will add this down to our Feature Voting List for you guys to vote for it.

It could possibly be included in our next feature update!

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

StevieBizzle 30th Aug 2016

Likes 831

where would we find this arnulfo?

Signature Picture
StevieBizzle 30th Aug 2016

Likes 831

nevermind its underf features under admin panel and honestly arnulfo this is something that we have votedo n in the past and nothing has happened we now will be voting a second time and we'rr hoping the response you see within this thread is proof enough that this feature is a neccesity not only foro ur community but would be a nice feature for other communities using the iclanwebsites platform. it currently make zero sense for it to be scattered the way it is and all this feature would bring to the table is a more organized use friendly approach. We can vote on this all day long however we are hoping this thread can be enough to push this through on the next updated

Signature Picture
Npi2015 30th Aug 2016

Likes 7

I agree with my clanmates above. As a European member of the clan, it is extremely hard for me to find events that suit my timezone, this is only made harder if I have to look through every single event to see if it fits my timezone. (Most of the events are in early morning for me). An improvement in the calendar would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hzarz_Kar 31st Aug 2016

Likes 234

Yes, please... that would make it so much easier to browse and identify events. I would definitely support an improvement in the calendar sorting. Thank you.

Signature Picture
Swedish5 31st Aug 2016

Likes 114

I would also like to agree and vote for the changes suggested by Stevie at the start of this thread. These changes would be incredibly beneficial to our community and help not only Administrators like myself who are posting events, but our members who are using the calendar to join up into these events. We hope to provide the best experience for our members and hope that you can implement these changes to dramatically improve the user experience. Thanks for considering.

~Swedish5 xAx Admin
X-Ployt 1st Sep 2016

Likes 29

Getting better calendar functionality has been one of my most sought after updates since I became a member, and it seems in general, for whatever reason, that it is not a popular topic of discussion. After being a member for almost 4 years, not much has changed and has been incredibly long since I cared for the event calendar to be updated, where it could've been a staple feature for my community to thrive, and something for iClans to stand out from the rest.

Here are links to some old posts. Maybe these will give insight:

http://community.iclanweb ... improvement-list-4yl

http://community.iclanweb ... wing-permissions-w87

http://community.iclanweb ... home-page-combos-27r

http://community.iclanweb ... calendar-options-kqa

http://community.iclanweb ... d-email-packages-y9l

I can admit that sometimes they actually do something noteworthy, but most of the time they overlook what almost seems necessary.

BTW iClans thanks for bringing my site back up a couple months ago! I forgot to show my gratitude
for that.

Signature Picture

ArnulfoAdmin 2nd Sep 2016

Likes 119

Hello,

We have already noted this request already.

We will be attending to this as soon as possible.

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

JamesAdmin 18th Sep 2016

Likes 293

Hey guys some of what you have mentioned is now in our dev queue
StevieBizzle 19th Sep 2016

Likes 831

great news! with the expansion of destiny coming out tomorrow this is something were hearing very strong pain points about i nreference to our community members. This improvement to iclans would be a huge plus to the functionalities of how our community is organized to connect with each other

james is there any ETA when something is in the queue?

Signature Picture
ArnulfoAdmin 19th Sep 2016

Likes 119

Hello there,

We will keep you updated as soon as the new features have been deployed already.

Our developers are currently working on it still and those features needs to undergo testing afterwards as well.

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter