Few questions
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
XSGamers 18th Feb 2014

Likes 9

We've been testing a free version of the iClans system for a few days to test functionality and feature need amongst our members.
There's been one or two questions raised that I'm hoping existing user and/or the Devs can answer.
The questions are mostly about alterations/edits but one a few are possible feature requests if they're not already implemented.

• Are we able to include the name of the quoted person in a quote automatically (tag them when quoting their post) as well as a link to their post, either by a shortened url/post number or button?
  • Can we create a menu link to be able to see the latest and unread posts in the Forum rather than using the Activity part?
  • Can the dropdown menus disappear faster after you've moved your mouse elsewhere? Presume this can be changed via CSS?
  • When replying to a post can see the previous X number of posts in the thread I'm replying to after hitting Reply, instead of just an input box?
  • Is there a way to link to the latest reply in the thread instead of the very first post as is the default for opening a thread?
  • Can the shadowing of text be removed in the quote and code bbcode boxes? CSS again maybe.
  • Is there a list of all the BBCode that is usable or is it limited to what is in the Post/Reply toolbar? Can more be added?

Again some of these features/options may be obtainable by altering the CSS but I thought I'd ask here first in case someone has already done them or attempted them.

Thanks for any info. We're suitably impressed already but the above would be highly beneficial and make the system more user-friendly.

Thanks, Gaz
Simo 19th Feb 2014

Likes 264

last#last

"Is there a way to link to the latest reply in the thread instead of the very first post as is the default for opening a thread?"

to link the last post made you can add /last#last to the end of the forum threads url or your members can click the "last" link in the recent topics panel.

XSGamers 19th Feb 2014

Likes 9

Thanks Simo. That helped once I added the Forum Activity Panel as it's not enabled by default.

The one thing that we have with our current host is the ability to link to all the New Posts that have happened since a user last logged in. It's basically a link to a url;

<div style="text-align:center;"><a href="/forum_threads/unread">Click here to find all the unread posts</a></div>

If any User clicks that, then they see a list of Forum Threads that have New Posts in them that they've not read since their last visit which is damn handy. Ideally we'd like to create/use something like that.

Just noticed as well that there's no Preview button, only Post Message. 
Beans 1709 19th Feb 2014

Likes 210

the preview button was removed because you use the "What You See Is What You Get" when you reply (not quick reply) or if you are a little more advanced then you can view source to manipulate the message to the exact detail.

XSGamers 19th Feb 2014

Likes 9

Quotethe preview button was removed because you use the "What You See Is What You Get" when you reply (not quick reply) or if you are a little more advanced then you can view source to manipulate the message to the exact detail.

Sounds fair enough. Works ok, so not really a problem.

Just need to work on the other things in the list

Also, trying to find out why the "What's New" in My Center is meant to show?
Beans 1709 19th Feb 2014

Likes 210

replies + comments to any forum subscriptions you have made. You can select it when you post. you can manage subscriptions in your my center

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter