"glitch" i found
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
UNKOWN 9th Sep 2013

Likes 0

i noticed while someone is registering, they may pick a display name which is the same as another members, although they may not change their name to that of someone else's after they have registered.

Current: TMG KART3L HK MAJ

Websites ive made:

riskerstair.yolasite.com
smgaming.iclanwebsites.com
flightgaming.iclanwebsites.com

EpicDinosaurz 9th Sep 2013

Likes 28

Display Names are as far as I know CaPs SeNsItIvE. As in they can have the same name, But with an assortment of capital letters that the original name holder does not. Also you can change the option to change a name after they have registered. Admin Panel > Settings > Membership and registration > Click allow members to change their profile names.

Hope this helps. Best answer I got

“In the end, you know it's all just blocks."

Beans 1709 9th Sep 2013

Likes 210

QuoteDisplay Names are as far as I know CaPs SeNsItIvE. As in they can have the same name, But with an assortment of capital letters that the original name holder does not. Also you can change the option to change a name after they have registered. Admin Panel >  Settings > Membership and registration > Click allow members to change their profile names.

Hope this helps. Best answer I got

... what he means is that i can register on your site as rg Ninja. but if i register as Beans then try to change my name to rg Ninja it won't allow me because that name is taken. I think by having this post in the feature requests you are asking for the ability to check if a username is taken or not upon registration??

JamesAdmin 10th Sep 2013

Likes 293

Are you sure about this? There is a check in place. Could you post a link to your website and the name that allows double registration? Thanks.
UNKOWN 12th Sep 2013

Likes 0

Well i had already changed it actually, the name was "Guest" capitalized just like that, when i registered a new member to use as a kind of test member to see if a rank i made could in fact do what i asked it to, however, when i changed the name to Guest Moderator to help distinguish the two "Guest" profiles that i had at that time it seemed fine, nothing was wrong with it, however when i tried to change the second Guest Moderator's name back to just Guest, it said i could not do it for i already had a member named guest. nothing is wrong with my site, or broken at all. i just noted that if you can take a name that has already been taken when registering, it may become a security issue to large communities with a sense of false ID.

Name: Guest

Current: TMG KART3L HK MAJ

Websites ive made:

riskerstair.yolasite.com
smgaming.iclanwebsites.com
flightgaming.iclanwebsites.com

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter