Guest access to Recruitment Form(s)... how?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
4CAD AdC 21st Apr 2015

Likes 28

I'm trying to get recruiting working for our clan, but I'm stumped on giving unregistered guests access to the recruitment form(s).

I have a form set up with a rules statement, various results messages and questions for them to answer ... expecting the responses to be posted to an 'Applications' forum board I created and point to for that purpose. To try to cover all bases, I made sure that board is wide open, allowing anyone to post to it.

Our site is premium and originally had Guest Access disabled for security reasons. With this setup - the applicant sees the Registration Agreement message and can directly request membership.  But I couldn't figure out how to direct them to the Recruitment Form process - the rules and questions.

So I changed the permissions on all our Menu's to specifically allow member access by ranks (to exclude guests) and added another menu item for Recruitment with 'Guest access only' checked.  Then I enabled Guest Access.  The guests can then see the Recruitment menu item and when they select it, are taken to the recruiting menu screen with 'Apply Now'.  But if they click it, it still takes them to the registration agreement screen and not the recruitment form Rules screen. Arg!

Please advise.
Last Edit: 21st Apr 2015 by 4CAD AdC
Evie 22nd Apr 2015

Likes 73

Hi there,

You can always edit access on each page by going to admin panel > menu > content > edit menu.

Also, please ensure you tick "enable registration" and "allow guest access" on Admin panel > menu > settings > main settings > membership & registration.

Cheers!
4CAD AdC 23rd Apr 2015

Likes 28

QuoteHi there,

You can always edit access on each page by going to admin panel > menu > content > edit menu.

Yes - did that.

Also, please ensure you tick "enable registration" and "allow guest access" on Admin panel > menu > settings > main settings > membership & registration.

Yes - did that too.
Applicants still don't get to the Recruitment Form and questions.
Started to suspect that having anything in the Registration Agreement box was causing the problem... but no. Clearing the Registration Agreement box just results in the applicant *only* being shown the "I agree" button. Applicants still not being directed to the Recruitment Form.

Also disabling guest access for now since cannot seem to keep guests from seeing Welcome and News Feed panels. The news feed gives them access to some user profiles and the associated activity feeds.

Last Edit: 23rd Apr 2015 by 4CAD AdC
4CAD AdC 24th Apr 2015

Likes 28

Have since found out that only registered members can get to the Recruitment Form by going to the Recruitment menu options and clicking 'Apply Now'.

I am declaring this a bug and submitting another Support Ticket
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter