Hide You'r Email Feature Bug
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
▲ Almog Channel ▲ 26th Jul 2013

Likes 49

the hide your email feature dosent seem to work  its located ont your account like on your information.

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 26th Jul 2013

Likes 293

You're an admin, thats why you can see it.
X-Ployt 28th Jul 2013

Likes 29

Quotethe hide your email feature dosent seem to work  its located ont your account like on your information.

...It's funny because I mentioned this a couple of days ago.

@James ...Did you simply change it recently for admins to view it always even while users have it checked?

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 28th Jul 2013

Likes 293

It was added a few weeks ago, I found it very annoying that I always had to visit the admin panel to look up email addresses.
Last Edit: 28th Jul 2013 by James
Beans 1709 28th Jul 2013

Likes 210

I have to agree with james on this one. I think admins should be able to view it without having to go round the houses!

X-Ployt 28th Jul 2013

Likes 29

QuoteI have to agree with james on this one. I think admins should be able to view it without having to go round the houses!

...It's a great idea, the problem lies in the fact that the change went unaccounted for, therefore people such as myself were asking about it. Maybe it was mentioned, but I didn't see it, so it came across as a programming error.

Signature Picture

X-Ployt 28th Jul 2013

Likes 29

Quote  It was added a few weeks ago, I found it very annoying that I always had to visit the admin panel to look up email addresses.

...Wait, this is something I can't figure out on my own because I'm the main admin again:

Is viewing e-mail addresses only allowed when 'access membership settings' is checked under admin access, or is viewing user e-mail addresses allowed when there is ANY type of admin access?

If it's the latter, I would hope that it would be changed in a future update, just like when I give permission to someone who I can trust to create and edit events, but not trusting enough that they will refrain from deleting user posts and comments.

Signature Picture

Beans 1709 28th Jul 2013

Likes 210

to check i just created an account and worked it out.

only those with membership settings can view emails

X-Ployt 28th Jul 2013

Likes 29

Quoteto check i just created an account and worked it out.

only those with membership settings can view emails

...I didn't think of trying that. Thanks!

Signature Picture

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter