How to set up Stickies in Forums?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
bullvine 26th Sep 2013

Likes 0

Hi Guys

I'm struggling to figure out how to set up sticky posts in our forums.

Ive searched the forums and follwed a few posts e.g.

Login with the creation account
go to Member Controls
Admin Access
Give the rights to admin to the account your wanting to use
then you should be able to click on the board name and at the top and bottom there will be a [Moderate] button
after you click moderate you should see images appear next to the threads in your board
each one does something different and should give you the ability to sticky them if you have the sufficient privilages

However, I cannot grant the creation account/my main forum account admin access as it wont save it.

Can someone help me please. Would really like to sticky a few posts, I just cant figure it out.

Alos I've made afriend an administrator of the site as well. he too doesn not get the option for stick posts/move/delete posts

What am I doing wrong?

website http://conviction.clanweb ... site.com/

Thanks
Last Edit: 26th Sep 2013 by bullvine
Simo 26th Sep 2013

Likes 264

bullvine 26th Sep 2013

Likes 0

I don't have those options.
Simo 26th Sep 2013

Likes 264

have you assigned yourself/your rank as forum moderator?
bullvine 26th Sep 2013

Likes 0

I dont think so as not sure where to do this, would you be able to talk me through it?

thanks
Simo 26th Sep 2013

Likes 264

Please note that admins are not automatically added as moderators! Our website access controls are very advanced, which means you can allow certain members access to any part of your website.

To add yourself as a moderator, click the 'Forums' tab in your Admin Panel, then click 'Boards' in the left menu. Then you either enter in individual moderators by UserID or by selecting certain ranks to be moderators. For example, if you have a rank that is called 'Administrator' then you can select this rank to be moderators for this board. Alternatively if you would like just a single member to be a moderator, you will need to find their UserID by going to your members list.
Simo 26th Sep 2013

Likes 264

click forum, click borads, click the edit icon next to the red cross and scroll down to set who can be a moderator
bullvine 26th Sep 2013

Likes 0

The following user cannot be a moderator because he/she does not exist: Bullvine

The Account Bullvine is my main account and is waht I used to create the website with and login to the admin panel.

What am I doing wrong?
JamesAdmin 26th Sep 2013

Likes 293

It needs to be a user ID. View your profile, then its the URL as in /profile/user-id
bullvine 26th Sep 2013

Likes 0

Excellent,

Thats worked thanks Bud
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter