Image URL Profile Field
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
4CAD AdC 18th Apr 2015

Likes 28

Before I open a Support Ticket or make a New Feature suggestion... I just want to make sure that what I'm wanting isn't already possible.

I  used the Admin -> Members -> "Profile Fields" option to put an image in the profile page of all members. There's weirdness in the handling of where that URL gets defined, depending on whether you have Admin rights or not... geez - who codes this stuff?  Do they have any education in user interface standardization?

ANYWAY... that's not my biggest problem.  My problem is the size of the image that ends up on the profile page.  Right now, the image is displayed to the right of the fixed size image label area, which drastically reduces the horizontal space available in that panel for the image.  You gotta be kidding me.  The image isn't under the label?  The result is tiny, compressed, blurry and useless.  I gotta say it again... geez - who codes this stuff?  If they use a 32" monitor, take it away from them because that's sure not what your average user has.

Just as an example, the original size of the image I'd like to display is 468x104 pixels - not huge.  It gets displayed on my screen as 200x44 - much too small .  My Google map image right above it displays as 350x300.  If I take my original image and reduce it to a width of 350 (350x66) it isn't great... but it's still readable and I'd settle for that.  Oh, and I tried putting "350" in the "Maximum characters" field back on the "Profile Fields" page, just in case (by some fluke) that controlled the image width.  No joy.

I've attached two JPGs of the examples I quoted above.

Please tell me there's some way I haven't found to at least specify the width of that image in pixels or percentage of panel width?

(Sorry for the snarky tone - but this really hit me the wrong way. It could have been such a useful feature if it weren't for the silly way it was implemented.)
Last Edit: 18th Apr 2015 by 4CAD AdC
File:
Size:
0.00 KB
Rate:
  0 votes
Downloads:
Time:
18th Apr 2015
Resolution:
x
File:
Size:
0.00 KB
Rate:
  0 votes
Downloads:
Time:
18th Apr 2015
Resolution:
x
Simo 18th Apr 2015

Likes 264

im sure the images sizes are controlled by the website, any height or width options i applied were over written. i commented months ago about the news post image size but nothing has changed
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter