Limiting visibility of a post to a rank
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Orod Naur 9th May 2016

Likes 125

Hello!

I'd like to know how I can hide specific posts in the forum from people that are bellow a certain rank. Realistically I just want to hide if from people that do not belong to my clan, but I'd like it to be on topic level not on board level. I thought I could achieve it with the tags but it seems it's all visible even though I set the tag accessibility to only certain ranks. Help please! We have very secret information leaking  
SoloizT 10th May 2016

Likes 1

What do you mean by topic level, are you trying to say if you can hide a post instead of a category?
Last Edit: 10th May 2016 by SoloizT
Orod Naur 10th May 2016

Likes 125

Yes thats what I meant. I thought adding a tag with access to only certain ranks would do it but it doesn't. Is there a way?
SoloizT 10th May 2016

Likes 1

not a specific post but you can do it to a board, if you would like only the clan members to join in the post, add a rank and when you create that board set read permission only for clan members only. you have to setup ranks in order to give special permissions to the forum users
[Admin]Arnulfo 11th May 2016

Likes 120

Hello Orod,

You can do this by using rank limitations.

Just go to Admin Panel > Menu > Forum Boards, and choose a Board, and scroll down a bit and you can see the permission settings for that certain board.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Orod Naur 12th May 2016

Likes 125

Yep, that I knew. I was just looking for more fine grained access limitation. But it's fine...board will do the trick
[Admin]Arnulfo 13th May 2016

Likes 120

That's great then.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter