Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
bomba 8th Mar 2014

Likes 8

hey ppl Ive noticed a issues with my log in page, i set my website to private so you must log in before seeing any content of the website, in saying that i have customized a panel (panel layouts) so i can show a couple of thing on the log in page but Ive only just noticed after a year lol that if you get your password wrong when logging in the page refreshes and tells you to log in again but all so shows all the panels i have hidden so it basically give you access to most of my website even though you are still not logged in, how can i stop this from happening, i feel if you get your password wrong it should just ask you to log in again and not show everything that you are not suppose to see at the log in page (as Its suppose to be hidden)

added pics to show what i mean
1st pics shows how it is when you first log in (as i want it)
2nd pic shows how it is if you get your password wrong, shows content that shouldn't show up at all
bomba 11th Mar 2014

Likes 8

Dawn 12th Mar 2014

Likes 43

I am looking into this..I tried to access your website and tried to log in with wrong log in details and it is actually not showing any panels. It is working properly on my end. However, I will try to see what is happening and will get back to you.

For the mean time, may I kindly ask you to please send a ticket from your admin panel so we could resolve this individually?

Thank you!
JamesAdmin 12th Mar 2014

Likes 293

I am also unable to verify this. I have attempted to login to your website with an incorrect email address and password and no panels are currently being shown.

Is there a specific set of steps that must be taken to reproduce the problem?
bomba 12th Mar 2014

Likes 8

i now have it set to "Hide panels? Enabling this option will hide panels from members not logged in." as it was the only way i could stop it happening would rather it set to the original way i had it though, if you need me to change it back so you can see i will thanks

Beans 1709 12th Mar 2014

Likes 210

that might explain why you could see them, as it recognises your ip address so would show them to you (as you are quite obviously a member). If you do the same "incorrect email/password" combo with the "hide panels" enabled, do you still see them?

Last Edit: 12th Mar 2014 by Beans 1709
bomba 14th Mar 2014

Likes 8

no i dont still see them as they are hidden now only way i could fix it, but when there not hidden (as i had it view pics) and im not logged in and i have it set up to only show a couple of panels if you get your password or email wrong it refreshes and shows you all my panels as if you were logged in to the website, it doesn't just do it cos it knows my ip as ive logged in on a different pc at different location and it does the same thing, ill put it back to how it was and so you can try it tell me what happens when you log in wrong, cheers
bomba 14th Mar 2014

Likes 8

in fact you don't even have to get your password or email wrong you just hit the log in tab and when it refreshes it shows more panels than it did the first time, must be an issues there somewhere, i tried it on a different pc different location and still does it so its not recognizing my ip as im not at home when trying it, ive now set it to how i want it so if you try you'll see what i mean
Simo 14th Mar 2014

Likes 264

There is something strange going on, if i visit http://www.xtremegamingau ... stralia.com/ i can see 6 panels

If i enter any string of random letters in to the email login and password boxes and click the login button of course im not logged in but i can see all of the side panels

i can see all the panels after the failed login on IE and the latest version of Firefox.
Simo 14th Mar 2014

Likes 264

PS, this does not happen on my website.
bomba 14th Mar 2014

Likes 8

cheers for that simo this is what im on about!!!
can this please be looked at asap thanks
bomba 16th Mar 2014

Likes 8

any answers from anyone who can actually fix this?
JamesAdmin 16th Mar 2014

Likes 293

Thanks for reporting this and my apologies for the delay. I'm not sure why it didn't happen last time, but it's definitely happening now! I have added 10 premium days to your account.

I will have this fixed in a jiffy.
JamesAdmin 16th Mar 2014

Likes 293

This has been fixed for the next update.
bomba 17th Mar 2014

Likes 8

its fixed now i believe thank you very much
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter