Members getting 403 errors?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
KalisCoraven 21st Mar 2015

Likes 5

Some of our members are intermittently getting Forbidden 403 errors when trying to access any website at iclanwebsites.com.

Is there something wrong with the site right now?

Signature Picture
KalisCoraven 21st Mar 2015

Likes 5

Also, I seem unable to connect to any site on my home computers (all same IP) but can still access on my phone?

Signature Picture
Beans 1709 22nd Mar 2015

Likes 210

have you updated your domain info recently?

KalisCoraven 22nd Mar 2015

Likes 5

We updated the domain info for our site about a week and a half ago, but this error was showing for any iclanwebsite URL (including the community.iclanwebsites.com and www.iclanwebsites.com URLs) so I'm not sure it was connected to our specific DNS config.

Signature Picture
KalisCoraven 23rd Mar 2015

Likes 5

Seems to be some sort of transient event. One user found himself unable to log in fron his work computer for a short period of time. My issue lasted about 3 hours, but even during that time we were able to load a page once or twice.

Last night while working on the site I received the error one time, hiwever a refresh resolved the problem. During the time in which I was getting the 403s I received the same error every time "You don't have permission to access / on this server". I received that error for MarvelTitans.com, MightyDefenders.com, kaliscoraven.iclanwebsites.com, iclanwebsites.com, and community.iclanwebsites.com. The error was happening on every computer on my home network, and intermittently on my phone. Several people on raidcall verified the site up for them, and one or two were able to see the error as well.

Signature Picture
JamesAdmin 23rd Mar 2015

Likes 293

You were being rate limited as we detected too many flooding requests coming from your IP address. We'll raise the limit so hopefully this won't happen again.
KalisCoraven 23rd Mar 2015

Likes 5

Ok, I'm guessing I know what caused it then. I built a slider for our homepage listing the 10 most recent forum posts. Unfortunately, your forum activity panel only shows a truncated version of the title, time of the post, and user icon, so I was playing around with using ajax .load() to pull in the forum post content and create a blurb.

Is there any way I can get blurbs on my forum post panel without getting tagged as someone who is "botting the site?" I went ahead and disabled the blurb portion of the slider to hopefully avoid anyone else in our group experiencing the error.

Signature Picture
Mufasa 28th Mar 2015

Likes 2

I am sorry for abusing this post, but I am having the EXACT same problem, so I didn't want to open another post...

We created our website 2 days ago and all was fine, yesterday people started to become the forbidden access problem.. I don't know what to do, people can't get onto the site!  
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Recent Topics
Dislike Button
ArnulfoAdmin
1 day ago · Last

Galleries Page Links...
ArnulfoAdmin
3 days ago · Last

Discord
ArnulfoAdmin
12th Jun · Last

Theme Request