Modify Forum Topic/Post Layout[Answered]
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Izzer 4th Sep 2016

Likes 0

All,

Looking to see if there is a way to modify the layout of the actual forum posts.

Today when you click into a topic to read the forum posts the poster's info takes up a whole container/section of the post.  Followed by the message in a section below.  This makes forum posts somewhat of an eye sore...

See before and after below.

Before:

After:

Thanks!

Last Edit: 5th Sep 2016 by Izzer
[Admin]Arnulfo 4th Sep 2016

Likes 120

Hello there,

If you know how to code, you can actually edit the style of that, but that requires a Premium subscription to enable using HTML/CSS and editing of template.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Izzer 5th Sep 2016

Likes 0

arnuflo,

Thank you for your response.

However, I still have a few questions...
I did as much research into this before making my original post however I'm still unclear as to where I can make these modifications.  We do in fact have a premium+ subscription.  So we should have the ability to make the changes you suggested.

However...
As you can see in the screenshots above, I have some(very little, but I get by) coding knowledge, what I'm lacking is the knowledge as to  where I can apply these changes within the administration section of our page.

If I navigate to the template editor as you suggested, I can in fact modify the template that is associated with the Forum page...BUT what is not available in the template is the section I need to modify in order to produce the results in the screenshot above.

As you may already know..that code rolls up in what is identified as the "Main" {#main#} section of the page/template.  See the snippet below, this is pulled straight from the template editor.
<table id="layout_type_3" width="100%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top" class="maincell"> <!-- Main Start --> {#main#} <!-- Main End --> </td> <td id="left_width_marker" width="300" align="left" valign="top" class="column2"> {#leftcolumn#} {#rightcolumn#} </td> </tr></table>

So if you can tell me where I can modify that, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have a suspicion this is a section of code that we cannot modify due to its nature...please correct me if I'm wrong.

If it helps, we want our forums messages/posts to be displayed like they are here in the support/community forums.
User info on the left, post/messages on the right.

Thanks!

Last Edit: 5th Sep 2016 by Izzer
I_LikePizza 5th Sep 2016

Likes 4

I can't code sorry

A bit

Signature Picture

The fast majority of space :-)

Beans 1709 5th Sep 2016

Likes 210

QuoteIf it helps, we want our forums messages/posts to be displayed like they are here in the support/community forums.
User info on the left, post/messages on the right.

Thanks!
Dunno if i'm being dumb here (high chance) Is that not just on the main settings under misc. change the forum layout from horizontal to vertical?

Izzer 5th Sep 2016

Likes 0

well shoot...that was easy...

Thank you Beans 1709, that is exactly what i was looking for! I had a feeling it was in a setting some where, or tucked away in a config file. Just didn't know where to look.

Thanks!

Beans 1709 5th Sep 2016

Likes 210

Took me a day to see what you did with pics. Then you talking code that threw me off too. Lol

[Admin]Arnulfo 6th Sep 2016

Likes 120

Hey Izzer,

I thought you want to fully customized the forums design.

Glad that its working out for you now.

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Izzer 6th Sep 2016

Likes 0

Hey Arnulfo,

That would be a nice feature, but I don't think it is really an option today is it?

Thanks!

[Admin]Arnulfo 6th Sep 2016

Likes 120

Hello,

Yes, but I will add a note to that as well.

If you have some ideas, please do share it with us.

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Vincent 6th Sep 2016

Likes 4

Hi,

You can actually edit it inside the admin panel > main settings > web content wherein you can post your codes there.

Thanks,

Vincent,
Customer Care

Izzer 6th Sep 2016

Likes 0

Vincent, I don't see Web Content under Main SEttings.

[Admin]Arnulfo 7th Sep 2016

Likes 120

Hello,

He might mean to say Admin Panel > Menu > Edit Template.

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter