music
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
EvG Killerlemon 13th Jan 2013

Likes 6

is there a way i can add music into my website, so when you first come to my website a song will play( like our theme song) if there is can someone please tell me how to do it.

-President of Evolution Gaming-

Beans 1709 14th Jan 2013

Likes 210

by using the [music][/music] tag

JamesAdmin 14th Jan 2013

Likes 293

It's actually the tag. Put a link to an audio file between the tags. Note that hosting music on your site is illegal and is against our terms of service.
EvG Killerlemon 14th Jan 2013

Likes 6

Can i ask why it is illegal, i understand if the song was pirated but my link would be from my itunes account which i paid for the song that i want to put on my website, i saved it to a folder and was going to put the link of the song from the folder on but the song is paid for, idk why that would violate the terms of service?

JamesAdmin 14th Jan 2013

Likes 293

If you're hosting copyrighted material then it is illegal. You paid for the music track, which gives you the right to listen to it but not the right to distribute it via your website.

Please do not host illegal content, we have a zero tolerance policy as it jeopardises our business. This isn't just us but for every hosting provider. I hope you can understand this...
EvG Killerlemon 14th Jan 2013

Likes 6

Okay no problem then, I just didn't understand that at first, hope I didn't come across rude or anything, but if that's the case is there a way to have music on my website that wouldn't violate anything like is there a program or something cause many of my members have asked me about having music on our website, which I think would be kind of nice.

JamesAdmin 14th Jan 2013

Likes 293

I agree, there are flash music plugins out there (they are hosted elsewhere), try searching Google. This would be fine, just make sure no copyrighted stuff appears in your hosted website files
MooTactics 14th Jan 2013

Likes 4

Playlist.com SHOULD be okay, But james would have to look into it further as I'm not too sure..

The Bird of Hermes is my name.

Eating my wings to make me tame.

xDosHxHomage 22nd May 2015

Likes 89

hate to revive a dead post but i don't see the need to create yet another post for the same question. i read and understand the above. i was wondering if there was a new way to do this. i tried using the insert audio file option on the welcome message but i got an error when i tried to link a youtube video. could you lend a hand please.

Dunbar1 7th Jun 2015

Likes 33

Homage,
Thanks for asking " is there an easier way" . I have asked this a few times cause I too have gotten errors. Im not looking to add music like you are; rather I just want an easier way to upload the recordings of my clans monthly meetings into our forums. It would be nice if an admin could upload an audio track and have it format easily so that when a member goes in, they could just hit the play button to hear the audio link. As it is now, I have to go to admin, go to files, create a file name, pick the file I need and upload, copy the URL and than go to the forum and create the topic, paste the url link and post. Than when a member wants to listen to it, they have to download it and play it in their media player. Major pain in the ass. I know it can be done easier because Enjin has a very easy to use, simple way to upload an audio file that when its uploaded, its formated so that its in a player format and all one has to do is hit play.

Signature Picture

xDosHxHomage 5th Sep 2015

Likes 89

i have also used enjin. that's it where i got the idea from. i was able to have it so that the audio file would automatically start playing as soon as you went to the home page. people may ask why i don't just use enjin then. the answer is simply after the trial was over you loose 80% of the things you need to have a clan website.

Woodstock (Duarte) 13th Sep 2016

Likes 1

I am a little lost. I try to put the url in from vacaro and a couple other sites that host music and it doesnt work. do i have to be a paid member to have music? sorry if im asking and you have already answered... I just want one song for ambiance on the site. Thanks.

Signature Picture

In Hoc Signo Vinces

MAIN: DUARTE
FAMILY: WOODSTOCK
SERVER: ORWEN

[Admin]Arnulfo 13th Sep 2016

Likes 122

Hello,

Yes, you have to be on Premium to be in able to use HTML/CSS...

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

RobotBuilder205 15th Sep 2016

Likes 4

I need no music
my site is getting not many updates
but iclanwebsites is COOL

Signature Picture

The fast majority of space :-)

RobotBuilder205 15th Sep 2016

Likes 4

ok

Signature Picture

The fast majority of space :-)

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter