Name Servers - Where to point?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
T-Bird 8th Sep 2013

Likes 96

My domain name host (had this domain far longer than GoDaddy has been around just asks for where to point the nameservers to.  It's usually like ns1.thishost.com ns2.thishost.com ns3.thishost.com

There's no spot for putting in a site IP or any of that mess.  Which is strange because I've gone to 3 different hosts over the past 15 years and they've all always just asked for those things, for me to tell my domain registrar to point to those nameservers.

So what do I do here?  I'm trying to move our site here but can't get past this part.

officialtei 8th Sep 2013

Likes 0

Admin Panel>Domain Name And that's pretty much it
JamesAdmin 9th Sep 2013

Likes 293

There arent any name servers. Just setup A records that point your domain to your website. Then enter your domain in the domains page (at the bottom).
Last Edit: 9th Sep 2013 by James
T-Bird 9th Sep 2013

Likes 96

What time of day do you update the domain names. I switched mine over not realizing it was going to give an error message awaiting your activation so now I have hundreds of people contacting me asking why the site is down. Now I see you only activate domains one per day.

Beans 1709 9th Sep 2013

Likes 210

it is not something we activate. It is an automated process that can take upto 24 hours to complete depending on your host and if you have set the details correctly. You should get an email confirming when it has gone live.

you should still be able to access your site through the website.ihostinghq.com (or whatever your URL was before)

T-Bird 9th Sep 2013

Likes 96

I can access it just fine from that generic URL, the problem is I am coming from a live site to this. So people by the hundreds are using the normal domain name and coming across that error page now that I redirected the domain to this host

Beans 1709 9th Sep 2013

Likes 210

have you entered the domain name and alias in your admin panel?

T-Bird 9th Sep 2013

Likes 96

Get I entered the domains this morning and my registrar redirected the domain to my site ip this morning

Beans 1709 9th Sep 2013

Likes 210

what is your website address?

T-Bird 9th Sep 2013

Likes 96

www.blackknightsclan.com

Beans 1709 9th Sep 2013

Likes 210

ok so if you have gone to your admin panel and entered your mywebsite.ihostinghq.com/admin/domains (all the way at the bottom)

if this is entered correctly then all you have to do is wait

T-Bird 9th Sep 2013

Likes 96

Yup. But during that wait I am being flooded with complaints about the site (normal URL with no way to redirect them to the temp one) being down. I'm used to seemless domain transitions so was just wondering how long I'll be in this tragedy

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter