Need help from a user on posting audio file.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Dunbar1 26th Nov 2014

Likes 33

I am looking for other users to show me how to successfully post a audio file to my forums pages. I have tried the download ctr and FTP  with no success. Does anyone know how to do this and be able to explain step by step with detail? 

Signature Picture

Beans 1709 26th Nov 2014

Likes 210

you can either use the
[audio]file[/audio]
or you can use the quicklink at the top of the post. Paste the url of the file in (between the audio tags if using them) and job should be a gooden.

Dunbar1 26th Nov 2014

Likes 33

sorry beans, not following u

Signature Picture

Beans 1709 26th Nov 2014

Likes 210

I'm running off the assumption that you want to put an audio file into a post on your forums so people can hear it? (and I will even cover downloading it).

you have your audio file, (mine for this example will be pantsparty.mp3). If you have premium you can upload your audio file to your website, if not then you need to host the file someplace else. Once the file is uploaded there will be a link to it that you need to copy.

e.g http://www.Beans1709.info/audio/pantsparty.mp3

Then you need to create a new post or reply to a post and there will be the option to click on the "Insert Audio" button (see below) and paste that link in, or you can manually type the brackets.

so the code view would look like this:
[audio]http://www.Beans1709.info/audio/pantsparty.mp3[/audio]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going off memory here to have the file available for download then you need to goto your admin panel and hit up the download center and place that link into the post.

Last Edit: 26th Nov 2014 by Beans 1709
Dunbar1 27th Nov 2014

Likes 33

I have premium ++  and I have uploaded my file to my site. where does it go , i cant find it to follow your directions

Signature Picture

Evie 27th Nov 2014

Likes 73

Hi there,

Where did you upload it? Download Center, FTP?

Please verify.
Dunbar1 27th Nov 2014

Likes 33

Yes download center.  Cant get FTP file to work correctly. always says file not found when try to play. Now utilizing file center to upload and can get it to work; however, It would be much better if it would just load with the audio player there instead of haveing to download the file and then play it.  As I have stated many times before, iClan really needs to look at an alternative way to post a audio file in a forum.  This is too  difficult for the "average gamer building a site" you state to cater to. You want to debate this?, than call me, James has my number. Im not going to debate via text. Or if you want an example of what Im talking about, set up a dummy acct with Enjin and see how they do it. Enjin sucks IMO but some of their formats are easier to use   

Signature Picture

JamesAdmin 28th Nov 2014

Likes 293

Yeah, the reason why its pretty basic at the moment is because:

1) Audio on websites makes people leave (quick)
2) There are issues with copyright. It would be too easy to upload a music file, hence breaking copyright laws

That being said, what is the sole purpose of placing your audio file in a forum? Maybe there's a better solution.
Evie 28th Nov 2014

Likes 73

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that we still have a lot to do to give you the most awesome gamer experience. We really appreciate these wonderful ideas from valuable clientele like you.

Happy gaming!
Dunbar1 28th Nov 2014

Likes 33

I agree 100% with you about copyright and music making people leave.  The audio file(s) I am trying to place are recordings of our monthly  clan meetings.  No copyright infringement and not a audio file that plays everytime you go into the site( yes , extremely annoying those are). Its so that if members miss the meeting, thay can listen to it at their leisure and also so that members can go back and listen to any of the previous meetings for any reason. Ex.  Our clan secretary had computer/work issues for a few months. He could not make the meetings, so he could not log the minutes of the meeting. Since we record each meeting, I had to playback the meetings he missed and record the minutes.  Had I been able to post the recordings in our forum, he could have done it.  We actually borrowed the idea of recording the meetings from a few other clans after hearing how they conduct their meetings and we found ( on a few occassions) that it has eliminated debate. I know not all clans are organized enough to have meetings on a monthly basis, but any clan with at least 30 or more members should(many do). We follow the Roberts(Rupperts) Rules of order for conducting meetings, modifying it slightly to fit our group.      

Signature Picture

Beans 1709 28th Nov 2014

Likes 210

open your admin panel and go down to files --> open File Manager

i'd suggest creating an audio folder to keep them in. then select your file(s) that need to be uploaded.

Scroll down and hit "upload" (please note the please note!!)

Your Audio file(s) will appear at the top once they have finished uploading - times vary depending on the file size & connection speeds.

copy the URL from the selected file

Navigate to your forum post you wish the file to be in. write the text that you need (ie meeting 19/04/2014) then you can click this button

paste the URL (you copied from the admin panel) into this box

press insert and the file will be entered inside the required tags like so:

and the file will play from there once you hit post!

Last Edit: 28th Nov 2014 by Beans 1709
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter