Need help
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Tomstud12 4th May 2015

Likes 0

Hi i want to ask i created a post on the forum and i want to ask is there a way i can pin it and make it important and stuff

and also how can i make myself have the rank owner?
4CAD AdC 4th May 2015

Likes 28

You can 'Sticky' a forum post which will put it at the top of the board *if* you have moderator rights for that board.  Only clan site admin people (site owner by default) can give you moderator rights.
Tomstud12 4th May 2015

Likes 0

Yes I am the owner of the site and I can't fit the sticky thing anywhere where can I find it?
4CAD AdC 5th May 2015

Likes 28

I can't remember if the site owner has automatic moderator rights in all forum boards or not.  If yes then what you're looking for is a button at the top level of each board (no thread selected) that says 'Moderate' on the upper right side of the forum board panel.  Click that and some new symbols show up at the lower right of each individual thread in that board.  The 'Sticky this thread' symbol is the gold star.  If you see those gold stars... use them and you're done.  If there's no 'Moderate' button... keep going with the steps below to enable them. As site owner you have admin rights so you can give yourself forum moderator rights.

Click Admin Panel option in upper right of page.
On next screen, click Admin Panel on middle left to make Domain hosting offer go away.
In 'Settings' section, click on 'Forum Boards'.
Do the following steps for all the boards you have defined to properly set up moderators in all of them.
  • Click on the edit icon (magnifier/pencil) for a forum board. 
  • In the forum board editor screen - scroll down to the Permissions section and check the box(es) that correspond to the clan ranks you want to have moderator privileges for that board.
  • You may want to look at all the other permissions and figure out if you want some things withheld from lower ranks. Be careful, selecting any rank in a category means only the selected rank(s) will have that permission. Selecting none means everyone can do it.  I think moderating is the *only* one that doesn't work that way and having none selected means no one can moderate.  But I don't remember for sure and could be wrong. Our site has explicitly defined moderator rights for each board.
  • Click 'Save' at bottom right

Once you're done setting your moderators, go back to the Forum Boards and look for the 'Moderate' button on the right in the board that has the message you want to sticky.  If its there... sticky away.  If not... carefully review the above info.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter