Page/Website Visibility
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
NGN Andrizzle 13th Jan

Likes 32

I have been looking for about 30 minutes now for the option to make it where members only can see certain pages on my website. If im logged out and not registered to my website, i dont want people to have access to my website. How do i make this happen? Also is there anyway to just have it where i can choose different pages non registered members can see and not see? My website site is http://ngn365.clanwebsite ... .com/
Petrichor Craft 13th Jan

Likes 0

To deny access to specific pages to certain groups (such as guests), do the following:
1. Go to your Admin Panel, then to the Menu, then to "Web Pages".
2. Click on the edit icon (
) for the page you wish to deny access to.
3. Scroll down  a bit, to find "Read Permissions", and check whichever rank you wish to allow access to the page, instead of leaving it blank (which allows anyone to see it).

(Obviously, you'll have whatever ranks you have on your website as the options, those are just the ones I have)

You need to have Premium to deny access to your website as a whole to guests.
1. Go to your Admin Panel. From there go to the Menu, and then to "Main Settings".
2. At the top of the section, there are buttons to click for different settings. Click on "Membership & Registration"
3. The top option is "Allow guest access", which you can un-check if you have premium.

NGN Andrizzle 13th Jan

Likes 32

awesome i will try this when i get home. Thanks!
NGN Andrizzle 13th Jan

Likes 32

when i go to that option, it says i do not have any custom pages that i have created. So, yea. back to square one.
Petrichor Craft 13th Jan

Likes 0

I'll look around and see if I can find anything. Sorry it didn't work. I'll look for the default pages, and get back to you if I find something.
NGN Andrizzle 13th Jan

Likes 32

Thanks, i appreciate that greatly!
Petrichor Craft 13th Jan

Likes 0

Okay, I'm not sure if you can do this without Premium... These are the best options I can find.

This prevents guests from seeing the links in your Main Menu. Members can still see/use them. However, if they know the address of it, they can still get to the page..:
   -Again, go to your Admin Panel/ Menu. Go to "Edit Menu", which is under the Content category. For each of your pages, click the edit icon. You can then allow only members to use your main menu.

This prevents them from using the panels, such as the chat box:
  - Go to Panel Layouts. Hitting the edit icon on the individual panel allows you to choose who can view/use the panel.

For the forums, you have to edit each individual forum board:
 - Again, go to the Admin Panel/Menu, then go to "Forum Boards". Click the edit icon on the individual board/topic, such as "General Discussion". If you scroll to the bottom, there are permissions like "Read Permissions", "New topic permissions", etc. And you can check the member box to allow members only.

For the Store page, I'm not really sure if this works. This one is harder for me to test out.
If you go to the "Shopping & Fees" section, then you might be able to edit individual items to allow only  members to view that item. I don't have any items in my own, so I can't be fully certain that that is how it works. But I'm guessing you edit each item just like on the edit menu. And mid-way down, there's the Ranks option.

For the other pages, I am not sure how to make those private. When I get time later on, I'll try to find a way to make those accessible to members only. I'm sorry that these are not perfect solutions, but I hope they're better than nothing.
Last Edit: 14th Jan by Petrichor Craft
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Recent Topics
Restoring recently a...
[Admin]Arnulfo
9 hours ago · Last

Theme Help
[Admin]Arnulfo
1 day ago · Last

Saved Templates
[Admin]Arnulfo
12th Jul · Last

Wow progress