Password prompt on profile change
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Loratus 19th Dec 2013

Likes 9

So I went to update a user profile today, and now I'm getting a 'security check' which prompts for my password.  This never occurred before, so I'm not sure if this was one of the new enhancements that recently got released, or if this is a configuration item that accidentally got checked.   As an admin who is already logged in, I don't think I should have to jump through this extra hoop for a simple profile change.

Can anyone confirm if this is now the norm, or if there is a way to not require a password every time you change a profile?

Thanks!

JamesAdmin 19th Dec 2013

Likes 293

This is a very important security step. If one of your admins or any else posts malicious code on your site without you knowing, it is very easy to hijack your admin account with only a few lines of code, if you know what you're doing. This is the reason for this addition.
Loratus 19th Dec 2013

Likes 9

Ok yeah I can see that from a safety standpoint. I guess I'll just need to change my pw to something easier to remember. lol

stora. 19th Dec 2013

Likes 2

QuoteOk yeah I can see that from a safety standpoint.  I guess I'll just need to change my pw to something easier to remember. lol
<br>
I don't recommend you doing that.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter