Post Counts
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Gorm 15th Dec 2014

Likes 437

So with all the recent changes, some not so popular with my users, one is now standing above the rest.

Why in the world would you set it to reflect that your total post count would include any and all forums/websites hosted by iClan???????

We have a fairly large community, and within that we have the "top posters" displayed on our front page.  This area is both a sense of pride for our members who are active and post as well as defines certain awards we give our "long time" members when they reach specific post counts.  Now fast forward to today.  We have a new member register on our website.  Upon registering we about have a heart attack (thinking we have been hacked) when we see that suddenly rather than who was our top poster yeaterday a new member who has not been on our forums for even 24 hours is not only the newest top poster but they have exceded who was our top poster by, oh 14,000 posts or so!!!!!

@iClans  I could care less about your other websites.  I don't care how many members "you" have and how many posts people have accumulated on sites hosted by you.  I "DO" care about my forums, my website, that I pay you for and what activity they produce on my website.  

I honestly have never heard of "sharing" post counts with other sites (that have no relation to the other, beyond paying the same host for services).  This is absolutly un-acceptable and needs to be addressed!!!

If not, then my website and its 800+ members will take our buisness elsewere as well as broadcast the reason why to as many as we can.

Signature Picture

Board of Directors

Gorm 16th Dec 2014

Likes 437

Nice to see that posting in the "help and support" section get the attention and response from the admin........ Took me a while to read through all the responses and explinations that were so graciously provided.

@iclans You customer service just rocks!!!

Signature Picture

Board of Directors

Gorm 16th Dec 2014

Likes 437

That posting was sarcastic of course in case you didnt catch that

Signature Picture

Board of Directors

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter