Problem with Time conversions
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Pigfarm70 6th Apr 2014

Likes 20

On my Main settings I have our site set to USA Eastern Time Zone (GMT - 5).

I have just noticed that our Event Calendar and the Countdown panel keep wanting to default to (GMT - 4).

I'm not certain, but I would think that these should take their time zone cue from whatever the setting is in the Admin Panel.

Thanks !
JamesAdmin 8th Apr 2014

Likes 293

To me this doesn't sound like a bug. The timezone setting in your admin panel has nothing to do with the events panel, it is just the default timezone for when members register. Times are displayed on a per user basis, not per website.
Pigfarm70 9th Apr 2014

Likes 20

OK, thank you.

...I had an idea while typing my response and just pinned down what's going on.

Example - In the Event Calendar we scheduled an event for 8pm. My time Option is set to US Eastern (EST / UTC-5). When I look at the Event...it states "8pm - date - (GMT/UTC-5)". This is correct, as the event will be at 8pm.

Then, I went to my profile and checked the box that says "automatically adjust for daylight savings time". Now when I look at the event it states "9pm - date - (GMT/UTC-4)". This is not correct....the event is still at 8pm even though we are now in observance of DST and are technically (EDT / UTC-4)

Does this help ?? The time of day of an event should not change with the DST...the event will still remain at the stated time.

From what I can see, it looks like all new events would be created at UTC-4. I think the only "problem" is for events posted/created prior to the switch to DST last month. All of these events are now off by one hour.

Thanks James !

Prusarius Karringar 22nd Mar

Likes 0

I really hate to necro this super old topic.. but this is still a problem.
[Admin]Arnulfo 28th Mar

Likes 122

Hello there,

We actually have a fix for this that will be deployed sometime today.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Prusarius Karringar 4th Apr

Likes 0

Sorry for the late response, thanks for adding this feature. Without it, it had made a lot of the features on the website unusable. 
[Admin]Arnulfo 6th Apr

Likes 122

Hey,

You are welcome.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter