Rank Permissions
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
cjhouston 25th Sep 2013

Likes 9

I am sorry for creating a new post, however I have been trying to see (maybe I have over looked) if it's possible to set ranks with certain site permissions other setting permissions for an actual member.

For instance I have a rank for Team Leader. I would like to set the TL's permissions to edit a certain field that I created for members profiles. I created a field for profiles called "Gamer Points". How this would work is after a Game Night the Team Leader or Team Assistant will then go to all of the members who attended profiles and edit the field for Gamer Points and add the points earned.

Signature Picture
myezeportal 25th Sep 2013

Likes 24

I believe james is working on something for a points system (cant wait for that!) - lets hope he inludes your idea for it :-D

Signature Picture

Need Custom Graphics or images? ---> Inbox me!

Beans 1709 25th Sep 2013

Likes 210

for the current setup you can make the TL's have admin access to the member controls section only. other then that you can set the ranks to moderate certain forum boards.

cjhouston 25th Sep 2013

Likes 9

Quotefor the current setup you can make the TL's have admin access to the member controls section only.

So this will make whatever rank have permissions to edit all areas of the member's profile. No way to limit what they can edit on the profile (like certain fields)?

Signature Picture
Last Edit: 25th Sep 2013 by cjhouston
JamesAdmin 25th Sep 2013

Likes 293

Quote So this will make whatever rank have permissions to edit all areas of the member's profile. No way to limit what they can edit on the profile (like certain fields)?

At the moment this isn't possible. If you give them membership access to your admin panel, then they will be able to edit that field but they will also gain access to change all other member settings.
cjhouston 25th Sep 2013

Likes 9

That's what I am afraid of. Too much to control for some.

Signature Picture
X-Ployt 27th Sep 2013

Likes 29

Quote That's what I am afraid of. Too much to control for some.

...well, then you'll be glad to know that if you give ANY admin access out, posts can be deleted off the feed...I'm not too sure now as I haven't had anyone to test things like this for quite some time, but it was like that for the longest.

Signature Picture

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter