Site interaction with iPads, other mobile devices
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
MAJIKHANDS 9th Jul 2015

Likes 53

I've heard several issues coming up from our clan about multiple problems when using an iPad, iPhone or other mobile devices. My personal experience in trying to use my iPad is one of total frustration. Buttons don't work. Popups from chat notifications, etc. block out buttons and text boxes but mostly the server keeps timing out when I try to connect. If I use a Windows-based laptop none of this happens. So what's the problem with iPads? You guys need to fix this - I don't want to have to have a computer sitting at my side all the time!
Evie 10th Jul 2015

Likes 73

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

This has been submitted to our development team to investigate further.

Please bear with us while we are working on a fix.

Cheers!
Str8UpJack 13th Jul 2015

Likes 320

We are a clan playing an iOS game so the majority of our used only access the website from an iPad. More attention across the board should be made to fully test your site on mobile devices. I brought this concern up about 6 months ago and I was given the same response and also told the majority of their users were accessing the site with a computer.

On my iPad I don't see too many issues any more but the site does have some issues.. many have to do with formatting. The mobile version of the site on the iPhone just stinks.. It looks like a mobile site from 5+ years ago

Let's go wreck someone's day ~ T110E5 fueled by Old No.7 & Thrash Metal
~ Active grinds : NONE and DONE.
Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/st ... r8upjack
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/u ... ser/OGStr8UpJack
TWITCH.TV - STREAM : http://WWW.TWITCH.TV/Str8 ... UpJack
Mobcrush Stream : http://www.mobcrush.com/s ... tr8upjack
DISCORD - https://discord.gg/0bLiPF ... fNQ56VpFdQ

Evie 19th Jul 2015

Likes 73

Hello John,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

James and the rest of our engineering team are now working on the site to support iOs devices.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

MAJIKHANDS 20th Jul 2015

Likes 53

Thanks Evie - not sure what your guys are doing to try to fix or improve this situation but as if it were possible, (which I didn't think it was), the Safari edition that I'm uisng on my iPhone has gotten even worse as far as your site is concerned. Now the 'users online' pops up and covers the whole site, making it impossible for me to read it as the type is so small and when I try to enlarge it, that chat box enlargtes to cover the whole site. This wasn't the case only a week or two ago, so something has happened to make it even worse than it was before. Is that the fix that your guys put in? If so, it's only made it worse.
Evie 20th Jul 2015

Likes 73

We are still trying to work on a fix but haven't released anything on the actual site.

JamesAdmin 4th Aug 2015

Likes 293

We're preparing a deployment which will address some of the issues aforementioned, along with several more bug fixes and more features too.

ETA is a few days hopefully, depending on if we have any setbacks.
MAJIKHANDS 4th Aug 2015

Likes 53

That's great news folks! Thanks for responding with fixes tthat hopefully will solve our problems using the site with mobile devices. Will you be publishing a note listing the bugs that have been fixed? Just want to let our clan know as many specifics as possible. Thanks!
JamesAdmin 7th Aug 2015

Likes 293

Hey guys we just pushed out an update with a load of bug fixes. If these problems are still happening on an iPad can you take a screenshot and post it here? You can do this by pressing the home and lock buttons at the same time.

I'll monitor this thread for the next few days, if anything crops up then we'll fix it right away.
MAJIKHANDS 7th Aug 2015

Likes 53

I sent a screenshot of the unwanted popups to you in response to the email you sent to me saying the same thing (or was copied to my email address). I'm also posting it here. As you can see the popup notification in the lower left screen is blocking text entry into a PM I was creating. This happens about a dozen times a minute, which makes it virtually impossible to create a PM without having to constantly close the window so you can see what you're typing. Also, when you do close the window, you have to touch the screen where you were typing  as a cursor doesn't automatically go back into the text box. This is extremely irritating. And this is on an iPad with a large screen. On my iPhone, the notifications actually cover the whole screen blocking out everything else. I hope your 'bug fixes' fix this. Thanks!

File:
Size:
589.89 KB
Rate:
  0 votes
Downloads:
Time:
7th Aug 2015
Resolution:
2048 x 1536
MAJIKHANDS 7th Aug 2015

Likes 53

This error (see screenshot attached) is created whenever you put a topic in the topic box before inserting text into the text box. When you hit the 'back' button, all the recipients that you have listed to send the PM to have disappeared. The only 'workaround' is to list the recipients you are sending to, insert text into the text box, and then put the topic in last. Otherwise it treats a touch to the touchscreen in the text area as a POST, not just entry of text. This is also extremely irritating.
File:
Size:
600.50 KB
Rate:
  0 votes
Downloads:
Time:
7th Aug 2015
Resolution:
2048 x 1536
Evie 8th Aug 2015

Likes 73

Hello MAJIKHANDS,

Thank you for taking the time.

I have gone ahead and submitted this to our development team.

Please bear with us.

Cheers!
MAJIKHANDS 8th Aug 2015

Likes 53

Thanks Evie. Is there a way to forward these PM's to other admins in our clan? I'd like to share the progress you're making as they have the same concerns.
JamesAdmin 9th Aug 2015

Likes 293

Hey,

Fixed the issue about submitting the PM with missing fields. With regards to the problem about popups, check your mail!

If there's anything else then please let us know.

We'll add iPad testing into our standard operating procedure, from now on, but please let us know of anything else that looks stupid when using an iPad so we can deploy updates.

Thanks.
MAJIKHANDS 9th Aug 2015

Likes 53

Thanks James. I haven't tried it yet but will let you know if I have any more problems. I did try to disable popups according to your instructions but couldn't access the functionality button so not sure why but probably because I don't have that access as just a regular admin. Is there a way to do it just for me? I don't want to disable popups for everybody else. Just on mine.
JamesAdmin 9th Aug 2015

Likes 293

Further iPad fixes deployed. Please post here if you notice anything else.

At the moment it is only possible to display this on a per site basis.
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter