Tag Cloud?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Polymorphism40 31st May 2014

Likes 3

How does the Tag Cloud work? What documentation does it derive it's words from.  I would like to add my own words so finding out will be helpful. I can take words out, but I can't put words in.. Any help in this would be much  appreciated.

Too many games, too little time!

Polymorphism40 31st May 2014

Likes 3

Anyone? It would really help me out!!

Polymorphism40 2nd Jun 2014

Likes 3

Is there any real use for the Tag Cloud since you can't add your own text? I mean, are the search engines going to pick up on the words "members" "forums" "welcome" "avatars"? Stuff like that? Any help would be appreciated!!!

X-Ployt 9th Jun 2014

Likes 29

QuoteIs there any real use for the Tag Cloud since you can't add your own text? I mean, are the search engines going to pick up on the words "members" "forums" "welcome" "avatars"? Stuff like that? Any help would be appreciated!!!

The tag cloud picks up anything from users' posts. There obviously is going to be mundane and less interesting words, which you would remove, but the words used the most by your users would show up in the "tag cloud".

There is a place where you add tags for search engines to find, but the tag cloud has nothing to do with anything outside your site. The tag cloud is just an interesting tool to see the most commonly used words on your site, which links to the posts using said words.

Signature Picture

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter