TeamSpeak, A server Crash and scapegoating
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Seph13 21st Oct 2016

Likes 326

I've been patient until I was told this was my fault.. after being told for many hours, through many emails, it was on iClan's side.  Now, even being told it's on my side, they refuse to help quickly as no one is online, or at least trying to help fix this.

PS, I just spent $400 with this company, maybe convince my members I didn't lead them further down the rabbit hole by staying here? I've already had member lobby to switch services, this isn't helping your case.

I bet you are lost reading this, so let me begin our story with the issue at hand.

Yesterday, Thursday, October 20th, 2016 at approximately 1300 Eastern Time, I received a notice that my TeamSpeak had crashed. When all troubleshooting on my end had failed, I turned to a support ticket. This was around 1330 Eastern. When I had recieved NO reply, not even a confirmation email I then started a chat with one of the Customer Service Reps, Jan, who told me they would reply to me very soon. This was about 1530 Eastern. At 1630 Eastern I again spoke with Jan, who told me:

Jan 
our developer is working on it now and we will give you an update soon 

So, I told her I didn't believe her, but logged off anyway, waiting for a reply. So, Jan decided the problem was a server wide issue that they were aware of at approximately 1810 Eastern.. why was I not told of this before?

• Jan Vincent <support@iclanwebsites.com>
  •  
  • Oct 20 at 6:11 PM

To
  • na*******@yahoo.com

Message body

Hi,

Good day! We are still troubleshooting the problem. We actually had an outage with the Team Speak. Please allow us to troubleshoot this.

Best regards,
Jan
www.iclanwebsites.com

So Prime Time had started for my group and training was in just a few short hours. So, at approximately 2100 Eastern, I sent ANOTHER request for help and clerification... THIS time, I got a new story...

• Arnulfo <support@iclanwebsites.com>
  •  
  • Today at 12:11 AM

To
  • na*******@yahoo.com

Message body

Hello,

The reason for this is that we are undergoing maintenance.

We are very sorry again but we will do our best to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you again for using iClan Websites!

Best regards,

Arnulfo,
Customer Care
www.iclanwebsites.com

QuoteOn Fri, 21 Oct at 9:02 AM , Na*********@yahoo.com> wrote:
Okay, now it's been 8+ hours, how much longer? We are missing prime time...

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

So at this point, our TeamSpeak has been down for almost 12 straight hours, so I wrote a reply asking for reasons why this was happening, which they ignored, then told me it was an issue with MY side... Passing the buck it seems.

• Arnulfo <support@iclanwebsites.com>
  •  
  • Today at 1:48 AM

To
  • na********@yahoo.com

Message body

Hello there,

Can you try and change your port locations? Because it worked with our other customers.

Thank you again for using iClan Websites!

Best regards,

Arnulfo,
Customer Care
www.iclanwebsites.com

QuoteOn Fri, 21 Oct at 12:28 PM , Na******* <na********@yahoo.com> wrote:
That's fine but the only way I'm getting updates as if I come to you guys instead of you guys coming to me as I was told you would do. Such as this before I asked I was told you guys were troubleshooting… Maintenance is not troubleshooting maintenance is fixing the problem you were found during the troubleshooting process or it is doing normal things such as resets and things like that. So since I receive no update that you guys have transitioned to actually having to perform maintenance to fix the issue I was left to wonder.

Now my question is this at the end of the day… If I submitted my ticket when I did and I had to come back in several times asking for clarification as to why I had not received any information or anything like that then I am told that the entire server crashed how is it no one knew this until five or six hours after it crashed? Is no one paying attention? I'm not making this up; you can see in the email tracked along with the chat log that I had with your employee Jan. At first she says no one knows what's going on, that you guys have to troubleshoot the problem, then I hop back into the chat a second time and I am told that you guys are trying to find out what the problem was; then, approximately five hours after my initial ticket, which was approximately an hour after our servers went down initially (6hrs), I am informed tthat the server crashed… So it took six hours approximately for your employees to be informed that the teamspeak server had crashed systemwide?

How is it no one noticed it had crashed for that amount of time (5-6hrs)?

How is it that was so much time having passed it isn't rectified yet?

Why was I told a technician was fixing it and it would be resolved soon and I would receive an email from that technician, only to be forced into jumping once again in chat in order to get more information... THEN to find the person who I chatted with, instead of the technician as they promised, was the one to write the reply email?
And even with you answering these emails it's still not the person they told me would be getting back to me...

Will we be credited for the time lost?
I understand it's not a great deal of time but at this point we are hitting 12 hours of server down time and it's not like it was 12 hours in the middle of the night, it was 12 hours during prime time and I was constantly lead to believe the problem was much more minor than it appears it actually was.

So here we are, at 1041 and with iClans NOT replying, nor trying to fix this issue any longer, or give satisfactory answers I felt we'd take it to the community... I regularly take to the forums when iClans customer service is involved. Rarely does one get decent response from them the first half dozen emails, but the reason we deal with it because the product is second to none... Customer Service, unfortunately, is right on par with companies such as Comcast/Xfinity and the like...

On Friday, October 21, 2016, 8:06 AM, D*********** <na**********@yahoo.com> wrote:
QuoteWhat would you like me to change it to? I got the port location from you guys and not a single one of my members can connect. If that is your solution to it after this many hours then why on earth would it have changed?
The other fun thing is let's see how long it takes for me to get a reply…

On Friday, October 21, 2016, 1:48 AM, Arnulfo <support@iclanwebsites.com> wrote:
I just want what was paid for to run when we need it without them resorting to: "After we put you off for half a day, we've decided IT'S ON YOUR SIDE!"

I'd also like it fixed before 24 hours have elapsed, but I feel that is asking too much. (we're at 22 hours currently and I said something less than an hour after it began)

Last Edit: 21st Oct 2016 by Seph13
Seph13 21st Oct 2016

Likes 326

More details from my voice server. Here is what is says at http://www.theblackfleet. ... g/admin/voice/127112

Address/Port: us11.voice.iclanwebsites.com:7613 Location: US East (Washington, DC)

Here is what TeamSpeak says

<08:55:01> Trying to resolve hostname ts.theblackfleet.org
<08:55:01> Trying to connect to server on ts.theblackfleet.org
<08:55:06> Failed to connect to server
<11:03:13> Trying to resolve hostname ts.theblackfleet.org
<11:03:13> Trying to connect to server on ts.theblackfleet.org
<11:03:18> Failed to connect to server
<11:12:52> Trying to resolve hostname us11.voice.iclanwebsites.com
<11:12:56> Trying to connect to server on us11.voice.iclanwebsites.com:7613
<11:13:01> Failed to connect to server

Seph13 21st Oct 2016

Likes 326

It has now been 24 hours. I want this FIXED. Let me guess, you've all taken off and will fix this Monday?

Here, from am member:

MIDN SyndicatedINC 13:52

How is this supposedly your fault? I don't follow their logic here....

Seph13 21st Oct 2016

Likes 326

FIX MY TEAMSPEAK. I'm posting this EVERYWHERE UNTIL YOU REPLY AND FIX THIS

SkywhaleExpress 21st Oct 2016

Likes 27

Seph,

I've been in network and server support for over 10 gears, and never have I seen such blatant lies from the service.

If we have to make network (yes, port changes are network changes) changes of any kind, we keep our customers in the loop.

If you did not make any changes on the admin side of the server on your end, then it is iclanwebsites that either suffered a network or server outage or made a change without telling you.

Possibly related, much of the east cost internet services were bombarded with DDoS attacks between yesterday and today. Twitter, Netflix, etc. were all affected.

RobotBuilder205 22nd Oct 2016

Likes 4

Please stop posting "FIX MY TEAMSPEAK"
because I think Iclan is working on it
and gets the idea

Signature Picture

The fast majority of space :-)

RobotBuilder205 22nd Oct 2016

Likes 4

It may take a bit though

Signature Picture

Vincent 22nd Oct 2016

Likes 4

Hi,

Good day to all of you. We really do apologized to the inconvenience that you are encountering thru TeamSpeak as we are having a DDoS and outage. We are doing our best to fix this. We do sincerely appreciate your patience too.

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Vincent,
Customer Care

RobotBuilder205 23rd Oct 2016

Likes 4

My Story:
I wanted a Teamspeak one time.
Soon after that I see this.
I get disappointed because I see Teamspeak down.
That's MY Story.

Signature Picture

Dunbar1 23rd Oct 2016

Likes 33

My TS has been down since Thursday night when everything started. Its now 7:42 pm on a Sunday evening here on the east coast of the states and TS is still down. I've been told they are working on it, but this has been a little too long .  

Signature Picture

[Admin]Arnulfo 24th Oct 2016

Likes 121

Hello there Dunbar,

Can you check it now?

Thank you again for using iClanWebsites!

Arnulfo,
Customer Care

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter