The new update?
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
fapclan 19th May 2014

Likes 0

Hey all,

So my question is, Why do i have 2 buttons added to my main menu???
- Status update
- Create website

Specially the create website one i do not like!
I pay cash for my Premium account and now i am forced with a Create Website buttonon my Main menu.
Just take a look how my main menu looks like now!!!!!!!!
http://www.fap-clan.com/

It sucks!
Please remove the star button that says create website!
i understand iclanwebsites want to gain more customers but i allready have a affiliate link in my links menu.
Why adding this button to my main menu???

I know i can change my main menu and put some buttons like in a dropdown menu but i simply dont want that because imho i want this menu to be like it was before the update!

The status update one could be easy added to the welcome panel and be added between Log out and My Center.
fapclan 19th May 2014

Likes 0

Sorry i was to fast without reading the update features first. The create website button can be turned of so i did.
Unfortunatly it does not make any difference to my main menu and so i still think the update status could be placed in the welcome panel!

EpicDinosaurz 19th May 2014

Likes 28

I don't have premium or anything (Going to get it once we get more donations) but I don't like it at all. I know its some what fair to be there since to me, it is a free service. But my members are pestered enough to sign up for iClan as seeing by default they are signed up for the iClan newsletter. A few of them even asked me if the website thing was a "scam" because it just asked for email and a password so it is reasonable to believe it is a scam.

“In the end, you know it's all just blocks."

X-Ployt 19th May 2014

Likes 29

I still hold my judgement, but it looks like the features in these recent updates are trending to be more about cash-grabs than being functional.

I was a little shocked to see the advertising was by default too. To me, it's saying, "Don't like the site you're on? Create your very own, now!" Very interesting to see how some of these "features" are introduced.

Man, 90% of the all great features (in general) I see listed get me stoked, but then when I read on and see how they're implemented, then it's like "Still follows the same pattern. Ehh." - It's not shocking anymore, I kind of just chuckle and shake my head in disappointment.

The most recent example would be the rank label...use the label to "differentiate" from what? Other ranks? So my guess is it is meant to be used as another method to view ranks, because from what it looks like, you can't put the same label on more than one person and expect them to be in different ranks...you know, ranks that pertain to the clan/guild/game of the site? It is not another method for grouping people(has to be done on primary rank), and it is certainly not a method for labeling people from different ranks. It's redundant.

Signature Picture

Furious-F 20th May 2014

Likes 569

I agree with all of you guys too..

Signature Picture

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ~ Mae West
“Ride or die, remember?” ~ Vin Diesel

JamesAdmin 20th May 2014

Likes 293

Hey guys,

The button to create a site has been removed from all premium sites now, didn't realise this would be so much of an issue and sorry for not well communicating how to remove it.

The past few weeks we have been focusing on quite a bit of marketing, including paid traffic campaigns, split tests and newsletters for continued growth by driving more signups. It is clear the newsletter and create website button has angered a small number of premium users, so we'll know for next time to have things like this disabled by default. With this being said, there are still some really cool features coming up next and your feedback is always welcomed to shape the product into something you love using.

X-Ployt - what new features would get you stoked?
EpicDinosaurz 20th May 2014

Likes 28

I just don't like the large tacky button at the top. As X-Ployt says, it is practically saying if you don't like this site, create your own. Thus, decreasing website traffic from people like me with a small website. I'd be fine if it was in the footer (which it is anyway) instead of being in the main menu. It just tends to confuse many users.

But I do like the other features in the update, James

“In the end, you know it's all just blocks."

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter