Hey, everything is working fine, myself and another developer just tested. Few things that can stop emails being sent:
1) Make sure you select the send email option when creating a news post.
2) If it is scheduled in the future, emails will not be sent until it has been posted.
3) Emails are only sent ones it has actually been posted, i.e. viewed for the first time.
4) Members can disable the news post notification in their profile.
5) Members can also report emails from us as spam, in that case they are blocked from all emails. They'll need to open a ticket each with us so we can remove them from the block list.
Can you please check again?