TS3 IP Address
Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Reagan 29th Aug 2013

Likes 0

Is there anyway to change the IP Address of my TS3 server or simply have it so people can connect using a simpler address?

-Reagan

JamesAdmin 29th Aug 2013

Likes 293

If you have a domain name you can setup an A record for ts.your-domain.com to point to the TS IP. You can also use an SRV record for your domain name, see here for more info: https://support.teamspeak ... port-dns-srv-records
Beans 1709 5th Nov 2013

Likes 210

has anyone got this working with a ts from ihosting, i can't quite get my srv to work

JamesAdmin 5th Nov 2013

Likes 293

Remember that DNS records can take several hours to complete.
Beans 1709 6th Nov 2013

Likes 210

its ok now. there are that many suggestions on "how to" that it gets over complicated as not all of them are that clear on what to put. So i will share what has worked for me if anyone else wants to use it.

A record (host)
host = ts3
points to = ip address of ts server. (connect to ts, right click on your server name and click "server connection info" copy the ip not the one labeled address. so you need xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx without the :xxxx after it)

SRV
service = _ts3
protocol = _udp
Name (some providers have this option) create a reference, i called mine ts3
Priority = 1
Weight = 5
port = (the port of your server which is the last set of numbers after the colon in your server connection info) eg = 9987
target = ts3.myclansite.com
TTL = 1 hour

Forum » Community Forums » Help and Support
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter