Website Expired?
Forum » Community Forums » Discussion
Rush 4th Feb

Likes 32

As the title reads...did something happen with IClan I don't know about?

Signature Picture

-- If you choose not to decide ...You still have made a choice --

Armyboy 4th Feb

Likes 426

yes seems like they limited the free using plan of sites , must pay for sites from now , this realy not good thing after most of sites got lot of registered members.

Signature Picture

Welcome to -|GZ|- CLAN

Facebook : www.facebook.com/gzgamingclan

Armyboy 4th Feb

Likes 426

I got same message too , no fix now ?

Signature Picture

Welcome to -|GZ|- CLAN

Tiger2022 4th Feb

Likes 89

We have the same problem. Some kind of communication would have been nice:

If iClans decided to end the free basic-membership, those affected should have been notified quite some time before just pulling the plug.
If there are some unexpected problems, i.e. server crash or so, it would be nice to get some feedback after a few hours passed. The site structure is still there, just the forum/content is missing. Maybe some database went down?

So please, talk to us @iClan Admins.
Thanks
Last Edit: 4th Feb by Tiger2022
Akule Foresthorn 4th Feb

Likes 1

So we have to pay now if we want to continue using the website?

Any info where this is?
Tiger2022 4th Feb

Likes 89

Well this is not certain. It's all unclear right now. We checked social media channels this morning but found no posts. Furthermore we haven't been notified in any way. Terminating the free membership without notice would be terribly harsh, considering you're losing access to all your content. Therefore I'm still hoping, that this is some kind of mistake. But it's been several hours now...

And when logged out of your account you get the message: "To continue using the website, please upgrade your plan". This doesn't look good in my opinion
Rush 4th Feb

Likes 32

This is not cool whatsoever

Signature Picture

Tinwëtar 4th Feb

Likes 2

We're having the same problem with our website that we've used for around 5 years now. It's quite frankly infuriating since it means we have lost all the content in our forums and such, which would have been nice if we could access if only to move it to a new website host. Some communication before pulling the plug would have been much appreciated. -.-
Akule Foresthorn 5th Feb

Likes 1

100% removed the free version.

You now have to pay for the cheapest pack is premium+ $19.95.

I raised a ticket, this is response;

"Hi there,

I am sorry but we don't offer Free Plan anymore."
Tiger2022 5th Feb

Likes 89

I think now it is official. My ticket was closed with the same short "We don't offer FREE plan anymore."
This is unprofessional to say the least.
Armyboy 5th Feb

Likes 426

I just got this message after contacting iClanwebsites owners :

Hi there,

I am sorry but we don't offer FREE Plan anymore.

​During the pandemic, iClan Websites cannot survive with Free plan users -- thus we have to revoke it and remove the Free Plan.

iClan Websites is a business and we have to keep up with the market and all the maintenance fees thus we have decided to change the pricing going forward this year.

If there is anything else, please do let us know!

Best regards,

Arnold,

Signature Picture

Welcome to -|GZ|- CLAN

Akule Foresthorn 5th Feb

Likes 1

It's fair enough not offering a free plan any more as its their servers, but a little advance warning would have been helpful.
Tinwëtar 5th Feb

Likes 2

I contacted their customer service, and this was the reply I received:

"Hello there,

I have forwarded to your email the newsletter that we have sent out.

If there is anything else Cecilia, please do let us know!

Best regards,

Arnold,

Customer Happiness Hero"

So apparently they sent out some sort of newsletter (that neither I, nor any of my members received) in which they talked about the change. So they sent me the newsletter -now-, but that isn't exactly going to help after the fact since we still had no idea this change was coming. And now our website and all our content is locked. It really sucks.
Rush 5th Feb

Likes 32

Newsletter? Who the hell here reads a newsletter? No, this is NOT how proper business's act. You don't slip in a news letter all the fun little things you want to do and then slip in the bottom..."Oh btw".
This is the lamest excuse I have ever heard, Pandemic please? Business slowing? On the Internet?Please
Not to mention, this site has been around for ,what....15-20 Years? How about the housing market in 08 crashing,they survived that and it was almost worse.
And to boot, you mean to tell me that you are pulling the free after all these years because of what? No, what this means is that people are pulling out of your Paid service and that is all you have left. Now..what are you going to do when you have all of us leave with them. You will have nothing left. Bad bad business.
I always had an inkling that these guys were not all there when it came to business sense,that is why I never went premium. Now this b.s.? 10 freakin years I supported this site and brought them peeps to set up sites and at the very least gave them some sort of ad revenue,not any more. I am done

Signature Picture

hajoohh 12th Feb

Likes 0

Most interesting: they are still advertising with "start with a free plan today" or something like that (don't have the exact English wording).
But that's the best, isn't it?
WoS_XxPriestxX_WoS 14th Feb

Likes 27

After 5 or more years with this company and having our own website and they do this BULLSHIT. Something tells me there pocket books are getting to thin and they are getting money grubby. Please cry me a river. Since this PLANDEMIC came around im sure they have been financially just fine. But not to tell anyone about pulling the plug on the free membership or giving a heads up is bad bussiness practice to say the least. I hope there actions dont go unheard and hope they go into financial ruin. Thanks but no thanks. Even if they were to give the free plan back i dont think me and my group will ever come back again after all the work we put into our site only to have taken from us. We will be going elsewhere.

Signature Picture

It's not always about fun for a game but getting over it by any means

Rush 15th Feb

Likes 32

And I just LOVE their front page FAQ -

"Will there ever be price changes?
We do not change our pricing for current customers, the price you see today is the price you pay until you cancel. "

"Why should I buy this?
We have a proven track record of creating happy customers. Take the leap and advance your community like never before."

Not to mention that they STILL have a link showing that a person can get a Free site on their front page. So bad just uber freakin terrible business practices (if that is what you call it)

Signature Picture

Last Edit: 15th Feb by Rush
WoS_XxPriestxX_WoS 26th Mar

Likes 27

So when are you people going to give back the free service ?? Some people want there boom back !!

Signature Picture

It's not always about fun for a game but getting over it by any means

Last Edit: 26th Mar by WoS_XxPriestxX_WoS
Forum » Community Forums » Discussion
Please login or register to reply.
Welcome to the support forums!

Welcome to the community forums!

If you're a premium customer and need urgent support or need to share personal details, please open a ticket from inside your Admin Panel.

Otherwise, please register to post in these forums.

Thank you!
Twitter